Sunday, December 14, 2008

I wanna go back to my little grey shack...

I was sitting in Schulich today, thinking about my two exams coming up on Monday, and I realized that I didn't care. I don't care about the exams, all I wanted to do was go home and pack so I could make the fact that this semester is almost over real. And so I half-assedly shoved all my stuff into a suitcase, and now it's a quarter to five, I still have two exams on Monday, I'm still not completely packed, and I don't know how I'm going to wake up tomorrow to prepare for the bloodbath.

It'll be weird to go back. I can't believe that I haven't seen my family in four months. It wasn't this strange last year, there's something different this time. The idea of going back to my family seems a little foreign, and it blows my mind. I don't even really remember what it's like. I'm excited, yes, but I don't know for what. It's like when I first came to college and didn't know what to expect but I wanted it to happen. I'll be back there in less than 3 days, but it seems so far away that everything that makes me happy about going back seems unreal. It seems like a bleak childhood memory that I will never be able to get back. But I will arrive, and I will eat biryani, and I will watch tv with my mom, and I will go see my brothers in school, and I will walk to the coffee shop with my friends, and I will get drunk at the beachside bar, and it will be real once again.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

...isnt alcohol illegal in the UAE?
ive always wondered how expat teenagers deal with it, seeing as you clearly have experience drinking and will do more at home.
i know that sounds weird but im being honest

Animal Crackers said...

I'm pretty sure drinking is legal, especially in Dubai.

I feel you about the death day, I have spent every night this week up until four or five telling myself I'll go to bed and study early
only to watch more televion and wake mid afternoon, starting the cycle again. I can't tell you how many shows I've watched this semester.

It seems I can only concentrate under pressure.

I really just want to fast forward to Friday night, where I get to breathe again.

mer-triaquatrihydroxoiron(II) said...

drinking is legal kids. except you have to be 21. but fakes are fun. also, my friends' parents are european - they love buying alcohol for their children.

also, i've watched almost 4 seasons of entourage. fuck.