Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Did I miss anything?

It appears as though I have drifted away. My apologies. It was never my intention, I promise - nor do I have any expectations of being missed - but I do feel like I should mark the event of my return in some way, if only to make it concrete in my own mind.
That having been said, I have no desire to make any noise. I wish I could just slink back into the campfire circle, slightly ashamed at having gotten so easily lost in the forest, and at not realizing it until I was nearly back.
My other reason is that I have no insights to offer. No answers. Not even any truly interesting stories. Just the same exhaustion and disenchantment, pounctuated by short flashes of clarity. Of walking down the street with a smile on your face for no reason. Of realizing that you're not the only one who likes to get around exclusively by sliding on the newly-fallen snow.
Just the usual.
So hey. What's up. Pass the marshmallows.

1 comment:

mer-triaquatrihydroxoiron(II) said...

a marshmallow! that's what i want.