Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WhatWouldYouDo if Your Son was at Home Crying All Alone on the Bedroom Floor Cuz He's Hungry and the Only Way to Feed Him is to Get a Machine that Duz

It's happening again.

Last week I awoke to the sound of roaring machines at the lovely time of 6 AM. I should be (and would love to be) awoken to be the sickly sweet sound of chirping birds at this time (but we live in front of an alley, so if anything it'd be the cooing of pigeons, and pigeons are disease ridden). Instead I am awoken by what I think is a giant robot coming to tackle down the building.

Yesterday was worse. I spent most of the day alternating between watching and listening to the men working construction, respectively.

At around 6 PM, the flashing lights began.

8 PM The flashing lights continued.

10 PM More flashing lights.

12 AM Flashing lights and the sound of that damn machine.

3 AM Flashing lights, the machine, and I started hearing voices.

10 AM I awoke to more voices, the ostentatious machine, but no flashing lights.

12 PM I noticed a giant crane...more voices and the clanging machine.

2 PM I study in my room to the sound of foreign voices and a machine still full of steam.

3 PM I escape the house, and the general vicinity.

10 PM I return to a house filled with only the sounds of giggling roommates.

11 45 PM I think I hear the sound, look out my window and see an empty space.

12 AM I miss the sound...the machine is gone...so is the crane. I'd like to think the machine frightened the workers enough to never return and then left on it's merry way, free to roam Montreal, free to be, free to stand on it's own accord.

12 30 AM I hear the roaring noise (no voices), but all there is is a puddle like shape. I may have that syndrome some people have in which they think they hear bells ring.

12 38 AM Good luck my sweet machine friend; you accompanied me into slumber, may I always accompany you and your tin heart to liberty.

Animal Crakers also has an interesting story about a girl named Pigeon girl; she chills by Redpath.