Thursday, October 23, 2008

pulling up a chair, dessert ticket in hand.

!Welcome to the break-out

It’s a stake-out (A steak-out

A good-bye-good-riddance-to-doubt-out

The thing the-people-gunna-talk-about-out

(i started it all wrong and the apologizes are my own)

(This isn’t a shout-out)

(This isn’t a building-clout-out)

Well come to the break out

It’s a take-out

A hello-hi-hello-myfriend, giving-what-you-can-out

A don’t-gotta-plan-out

Living-like-we-is-are-am-out

?A cana-hold-your-hand-out

I like this, just you and me – the FFAC – just kids and a tree – You see,
Paper is the best clubhouse, there’s always more room to pull up a chair.

2 comments:

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

"A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house.

A street house, a neat house,
Be sure and wipe your feet house
Is not my kind of house at all--
Let's go live in a tree house."

FFA, you're a Shel Silverstein for our age. Thank you and a thousand welcomes.

Mr. Skylight said...

The next Jay-Z?

Anybody else get that?