Friday, October 10, 2008

Do the Time Warp?

So... I have a theory that the laws of physics cease to function systematically, or rather predictably, in the Burnside basement. It's more than just the altered conception of space and time that comes from hanging out under fourteen floors of towering mathematics, it's the overwhelming feeling this place always give me that there is in fact nothing else in the universe. Period.

It's fucking weird down here.
I am kind of freaking out.
This place has a remarkable propensity for giving me panic attacks.

Terry Collier is beside me eating a potato chip sandwich (Tomato and Ranch chips on whole wheat in case you were wondering)... the basement cafeteria is serving pork chili today... and three math majors are eating fucking Mr. Noodle dry and straight from the package while analyzing (poorly I might add) the role/impact of violence in pop culture.

Maybe it's just the laws of nutrition that cease to exist down here...

Hope all ye alls have an excellent Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

i TOLD you people eat potato chip sandwiches!!!
...i just didnt know that people over the age of 10 did.

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

Was the sandwich tomato, and ranch chips, on whole wheat? Or is tomato and ranch a flavour of chip? It sounds delicious.

Terry Collier said...

They were a product by the good people of "Flat Earth" called tangy tomato and basil veggie crisps. and they're were indeed delicious. They cost me $1.25 from the vending machines in burnside basement. The ones beside the small cafe with the scary lady who was upset her co-working was selling me bread at 10:36 because breakfast ended at 10:30.... and then even more upset when she only charged me $0.95 for the bread when toast is $1.20.
but you know I would have paid the whole 120 had a been asked cause that Sammich was delicious.