Thursday, October 2, 2008

Opening salvo.

Not long ago I was immersed in a dream so attainably close to reality that I almost believed it myself.

I find these dreams to be the hardest hitting - when you dream of saving the world from invaders, hitting a slugger with Babe Ruth, or winning the lottery, the disappointment upon waking is so much easier to take.

Haha, what a silly dream.

When you dream of something pleasingly plausible, the truth is that much more sobering. No, there is no beautiful, intelligent girl who wants to rendezvous in my room regardless of how many exams she has next week. She won’t be there waiting when I get home, she won’t be there to hold my hand and rough up my hair. She could be. But she won’t. A few minutes ago, she was. Here, she isn’t. Here, everything is so ritualistic, so mundane, so repetitively dull. Still just plain ol’ me with nothing special going on.

I like to think that it’s not an impossible situation - but maybe, when I’m awake, it is.

Reality, you disappoint me.

2 comments:

zekethejewishsatanist said...

When life gives you lemons, walk into its orchard at night and plant orange trees. In the meantime, enjoy the lemonade.

Possible? Yes. But by the sounds of it you're due for an upgrade.

I'm excited.

Mr. Skylight said...

OK who's been reading my diary, come on guys