Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wherein My Mom posts about His Mom

My mother got Facebook, you see, and added my 18-year-old Israeli cousin.

Then she realized what News Feed was and got fed up.

She emailed me (subject heading: "help help help"), citing News Feed as a "Major irritation" and asking how to block certain people on the 'book. He updates his status too often! she says. He's always writing on his friends walls! He's posting his entire life on the internet, thinking people care! Imposing them to care! All the aggravations one could have with Facebook, she had.

So I told her how to block people, and she thanked me with a prompt response. Two minutes after her email, she sent another one:

"You know what's funny?

What if you're posting all this stuff about yourself, thinking people are interested and you have no idea you're being ignored.

How sad."

And I have to say, I agree.

1 comment:

octopus finds new furniture said...

so really, we should be thanking the facebook creepers?