Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am a 20 year old living in a 27.1 year old's body

At least, I am according to www.realage.com.

My body is aging 7 years faster than I am, so far. If I stay on this pace, by the time I'm 50, supposedly the new 40, I'll really be 68. Yeesh.
How's THAT for depressing? My hard-living lifestyle has rendered me 135% of the body I should be. Hard living? pah! "Hard living" got me no older on this list, as my current levels of drinking and smoking went nowhere in making my "realage" older. In fact, I got a green checkmark in both of those departments.
So, how exactly am I living so damn hard? It all comes down to Apples and Oranges.
Here's a rundown of what I need more of.
In my diet I need more: calcium, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, folate, breakfast, omega 3, and potassium.
Or, in other words, fruit.
I did really well in all of the categories except for diet; I walk about an hour a day, I have a stable relationship, good friends, a job, I'm supposedly learning in school, etc etc. Mentally, I'm physically great.

But, nonetheless, this is pretty darn frightening.
I need to start eating better, getting back to playing squash, and actually learn the meanings of terrifying phrases like "cholesterol" and "blood pressure".
As I was typing this, I got a text from the mysterious and ever-absent Kierke-a-dizzal asking me to join a squash tournament this saturday. I immediately accepted, rationalizing that I could be late for my other engagement on saturday, watching baseball and drinking beer on my lazy ass. It was probably the right choice. Thank you, internet fearmongers!

So tell me, loyal and gentle reader, What's YOUR RealAge?

13 comments:

Weaselbag said...

I look forward to having time to do this. Cool find.

zekethejewishsatanist said...

b, since when are you 20?

Weaselbag said...

Since you have to be twenty to use the site.

I'mma be twenty soon.

Weaselbag said...

... I'm 13.8? Huh.

Weaselbag said...

and I don't even have a steady relationship! or an unsteady one!

Weaselbag said...

This post needs another comment authored by yours truly.

Bernice said...

More!!
MORE!!

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

I'm 25.1. It says I should get a dog.

I don't exercise, don't have enough money for daily edible plants, don't know my cholesterol, yadda yadda.

But a fucking dog? Seriously? I hate dogs. I refuse.

It also suggested I try yoga.

I don't like this thing.

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

13.8. I want my 6 years, as well as my 20 minutes, back.

wb maybe it's because we're not sexually active. Only fourteen-year-olds are like that, right?

Weaselbag said...

Pfft, 14 year old me was a ladies man.

I'm also happy to report that 1/5 of a year isn't twenty minutes, ICGYABLTGFIF.

octopus finds new furniture said...

20 minutes being the time taken to fill out the thingy...?

Weaselbag said...

...oh.

Bernice said...

MOST COMMENTED EVER!!!
...as of now, in a tie.