Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All Hallow's Erev

Happy Purim, Everybody!
(It was on Monday)
Favourite part from the evening:

Stranger: Hey, Buddy, you're a week early!
Thug Wrangler (who is dressed as a leprechaun): It's Jewish Halloween!
Stranger: Come On! There is no Jewish Halloween!

There is, and it has a two-drink minimum.

I was once, like every good yid should be, in Israel on Purim. It was magnificent, my ten-shekel child's soldier's costume served me very well. what a party that holiday is.

We had a great night this week, partying with the good people at Chabad, who reminded us that we too were good people, and we should be celebrating. Those religious freaks. So they gave us food, and booze.
Thanks for the Chocolate, Judaism!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, assholes.

Bernice said...

who keeps doing that?

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

Can't fight the anarcho-syndicalism. Names are just another way the State keeps us down. I am not one man; I am several.

but, like, someone else. i dunno.

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

JJEEEWWWWWWSSSSSS

mer-triaquatrihydroxoiron(II) said...

My Judaism professor was not a big fan of the whole "Jewish Halloween" idea, since, apparently, and this is according to him, there is no reason for the dressing up. He was also not a big fan of gift-giving for Hanukkah, because, apparently, according to him, it's Judaism trying to be Christianity. He did admit that they were both Saturnalia festivals though. What a guy.