Monday, February 8, 2010

Today's Lesson: Always Keep Navel Oranges Around

Mmm. What a satisfying, high-in-MSG meal you have served me, random Chinese food restaurant whose tables are covered in classically-Chinese white linen (so you can just wash the linen and not the tables--classic Chinese genius!) I am ready to settle up. After all, a meal this satisfying, this complete, must cost something! I refuse on principle for it to be free. Besides, you owe nothing to me anymore--

Oh, what's this?

For me? This plate of sliced oranges? But--why! I couldn't eat another bite!

Oh my, these oranges are light and refreshing on my palette! I didn't even know it--for it was not on the menu upon which I made my prior meal requests--but I think I've wanted these oranges all this time! I will certainly remember this gift the next time I come to your restaurant, dear slanted-eyed sir! May your Buddha statue never tarnish!

End scene.

Applause, bow-2-3, up-2-3, point to the booth, exit stage right.

1 comment:

zekethejewishsatanist said...

even more chinese: stacks of white plastic tarp