Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Altering Our Appreciation of Space and Time

Okay homies, this is pretty cool.

It looks like throughout today the lineup for Bonnaroo 2010 will be slowly revealed by the artists themselves through their own twitters, facebooks, myspaces, youtubes, what have you.


As Bringers Of The New Internet Age ourselves, we should be excited by this - it's pretty exciting (cause we're all learning the damn lineup), and not hard to view Bonnaroo.com today as a blog that parallels our own. Invited participants announcing their arrivals, in order to form a collective entertainment and community experience.

You may remember the 'Roo from last year when myself the lover and funmom all piled into bubbie's acura and spun wheel over wheel 'till we got to Tennessee.

Maybe we'll go again, we'll see. But, if only Weezer or These Guys

would write here.

Also, Stevie Wonder is heavily rumoured, i wonder how the hell he's going to announce his performance.

Embrace the day, People!

9 comments:

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

this gives me something to do in my 11:30 class. score.

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

"The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform Dark Side Of The Moon"

Oy. Too many drugs for me. Seriously.

Though Phoenix, Weezer and Medeski, Martin & Wood are so far compelling.

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

Legit as of seconds ago:

Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers.

Legit and a half.

Bernice said...

WE ARE THE D WE ARE THE D

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

I count 19 bands I'd at least sort of (at most really) care to see, not counting acts I've never heard of who I'd probably like, like the Dodos and Dr. Dog, whom I believe a certain poster whose codename starts with B really appreciates.

Thoughts, kids?

Bernice said...

the dodos and dr dog are both totally great.
i think ive figured out the pattern to these festivals, and seeing the bands revealed 1 by 1 let me do that.

to start, every summer festival picks from the same pool of say, 250 bands.
then, the top tier are whoever is going on an arena tour that summer. the second tier are bands that you won't get to see so often, like stevie wonder and Jimmy Cliff and Sly And the Family Stone and The Specials. then, the smaller bands are really just whoever happens to be touring that summer.

it's certainly a cool lineup for sure, and i'd love to go. will i be devastated if i couldn't? probably not, but i would still love to go.

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

I agree. Near the end of the unveiling, I just started looking up artists who seemed likely to be touring: LCD Soundsystem (I was right) and Wilco (I was wrong).

Anyway, I'm in the same boat. I don't have a strong impetus to go, but if given the opportunity I wouldn't pass it up. Maybe wait to see who's Loll-ing? (Guess: Jay-Z.)

Elvis Thrust said...

If Stevie Wonder is playing, I am going to Bonnaroo. Period. Also Dr. Dog's remix of Heart It Races is one of my favuorite songs of all-time.

Weaselbag said...

I saw Dave Rawlings (w/ Gillian Welch) open for Bright Eyes (snicker snicker) at Massey Hall.

He's fantastic - don't overlook him, 'specially in Tennessee.