Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weaselbag, Big-City decency does exist. sometimes.

I was going to put this as a comment to the old WB's post, but I thought it would be more effective as its own post.
Watch This, sorry about the pop-up player.

This happened in Long Island, Just outside of New York City.

I know that people on the subway can be cold, but I drive on the busiest highway on the continent enough (twice a day, every day, for about 15 kilometres each way) not to believe that Toronto drivers are patient, curteous, and empathetic when it comes to 16-lane standstills. Strangely, it's not that hard to feel a comradery when you're sitting in the late-afternoon sun boiling your ass off with the window open looking at the guy next to you who's doing the exact same.
Also, when I leave for work early enough, and beat the traffic, I get this feeling like I've conquered the system in some way, and I have a different, snooty comradery with everyone else on the highway then. But maybe I just dis-proved my point.
Regardless, check out the video. It's a trip.

BeeTeeDub, someone called me a "quick young journalist" this morning. It felt awesome, but I fear the time when I will just be a "young journalist", and then the worst kind of all, a "journalist". That time when you're between potential and accomplishment, I fear that greatly, and I see many people around me who are there. Anyway, back to editing! yay!

1 comment:

Weaselbag said...

Yo B, this really should only be a comment.

If you're patient, the next video on the playlist is a Texan wrasslin' an alligator in a pool!

To be clear, I'm not trying to suggest that city folk are indecent. In fact, I'd probably argue that city folk are MORE decent than us small-town folk (:() - but that's something for another time.