Friday, May 15, 2009

Dubai - Where the blogger bar is in arabic.

It's been a while. I've been living my life way too happily for the past few months but since all that has gone away, it's back to this. I only write when I'm unhappy. Or just bored as sin. And being bored as sin makes me pretty unhappy so I guess they go hand in hand.
It's around 40 degrees here every day. I've been to two different malls since I got here 3 days ago and haven't spent more than half an hour outside - all together. There's fucking sand everywhere. No trees. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 4 days. It's not making me happy at all.
Today I went out and bought a bunch of graphic novels just so there would be something to do. That and watching TV shows. But seeing as Grey's Anatomy ended yesterday and Lost ended on Wednesday, this obviously isn't a very permanent arrangement.
Nobody I like is in this stupid sandbox. Probably because all of them were smart enough to realize what a fuckhole it is in the summer.
My mom is happy to see me again. I'm happy to see her again too but I'm also miserable as hell just being here. And I can't tell her that because she hasn't seen me in 4 months and that would be a dick move.
I can't sleep at night. I stay up till 6am because of the jet lag. The nights are the worst too. Plus, once I do get to sleep I have ridiculous dreams that for some stupid reason scare me enough that I have to wake myself up and then keep myself up so I don't start dreaming about the same things again. So I've been sleeping about 3 hours.
Fuck this.

2 comments:

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

Hang in there, kid.

My mom thinks I'm funny said...

For what it's worth, Canada is actually extraordinarily boring as well. At least your country is newsworthy.