Monday, September 22, 2008

The most....honourable customer support ever, or...what?


The following is a partial transcript of a correspondence I had with HP after my laptop died. True story.

------

Stefan: Welcome to HP Total Care for Pavilion and Presario Notebooks.My name is Stefan. How may I assist you today?
fiverforthelips: Hi there
Stefan: Please go ahead with the notebook issue.
fiverforthelips: I'm having a problem with my notebook as it will not boot up
fiverforthelips: the power works and everything but there's no display
fiverforthelips: this happens both with battery and ac power
fiverforthelips: the buttons light up, i hear the dvd drive for a second, and then nothing
Stefan: I understand that the Notebook screen is blank , am I right ?
fiverforthelips: correct
Stefan: Please let me know have you taken any troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue ?
fiverforthelips: i've drained the power
Stefan: Okay, Please provide me the serial number and product number of your Notebook, which you can find on the beneath the Notebook, in service tag.
fiverforthelips: s/n: 2***************
fiverforthelips: p/n: A#*************
Stefan: Thank you for the information. Please hold on for a couple of minutes while I gather the exact Product Information and the specifications of your Notebook.
fiverforthelips: SURE
Stefan: I am sorry for the delay in responding.
fiverforthelips: ok
Stefan: I recommand you to remove and reseat the memory modules may resolve the issue.
fiverforthelips: sure.
fiverforthelips: what should i do if that fails to resolve the issue?
Stefanfiverforthelips, I saw that the Notebook warranty is expired, However i will fight with my supervisor to arrange the repair for free of cost for your Notebook.
fiverforthelips: that would be fantastic.
Stefan: Please do not worry, as I promised you, Sure I will assist you better.
Stefan: Since your satisfaction is most important for us.
Stefan: Please let me know once you have done with the memorey reseat.
fiverforthelips: sure, should I stay on the chat with you?
Stefan: Yes, fiverforthelips.
fiverforthelips: Just re-seated the ram -- it hasn't solved the problem
Stefan: Okay, Please allow me some time while I fight with my supervisor to arrange the repair for your Notebook.
fiverforthelips: sure
fiverforthelips: thank you very much
Stefan: Thank you for allowing me.
Stefan: I am sorry for the delay in responding.
Stefanfiverforthelips, I fought with my supervisor to arrange the free mail in repair for your Notebook.
fiverforthelips: thanks -- although i'm not entirely sure what that means
Stefan: I mean to arrange the repair for free of cost.
fiverforthelips: oh
fiverforthelips: right
fiverforthelips: that's excellent
Stefan: I am really very happey to inform you that I am Glad to arrange the repair for free of cost for your Notebook.
Stefan: Happy*
fiverforthelips: thank you very much -- how do i go about doing this?
Stefan: Sure, I will explain you the process of the mail in repair.
Stefan: A box with the required packaging material, packaging instructions, carrier contact information and a pre-paid shipping label will be delivered to you in 1 to 2 business days.
Stefan: Once you have received these materials and have packaged your product, you will need to contact the carrier to schedule a pick-up.
Stefan: Your repair service has an estimated turn around time of 3 to 5 business days from when we receive your product at our repair center.
Stefan: Once we receive your product we will provide an estimated delivery date and order status updates to the e-mail address you provided
fiverforthelips: right
Stefan: You can check the status of your order by either going to: www.hp.com/go/csostatus 
or 
By calling HP Customer Care at 1-800-hpinvent. (1-800-474-6836)

--------------------------------------
fiverforthelips does not play cricket, hockey or smooth country.

4 comments:

Bernice said...

thats... really awesome.

I Can't Give You Anything but Love said...

Sounds to me like either your fan is fucked or your heatsink isn't seated correctly, and the CPU is overheated and turning off. Me and Michael Moretto made that mistake once.

zekethejewishsatanist said...

mobo died, bruvs. true story

Astolphe said...

Fighting with his supervisor makes up much of Stefan's life. His supervisor must be a very sad man. Or a punching bag.