Sunday, February 10, 2008

Knock It Before You Try It

I am constantly being told, "don't knock it till you try it," or "just try it, you might like it." Most often my one particular friend who I think does this more to annoy me than for my own good (*cough cough* Bernice). And in general, this is proabably a good idea...you know, personal growth and blah blah blah. However, as I finsihed off my third cup of coffee today (in under an hour...not by best idea) I realised that trying new things is not always a good idea.

As I placed my mug back on the table (of course checking to make sure there wasn't a drop left) I remembered back to my first coffee. I was eight. I was with my dad and his friend at second cup, they were downing chocolate chillers to see who could go the longest without getting a brain freeze...clearly they were bored at work and neither are that bright. My dad quickly lost...hes kind of a pansy, and handed me the rest of his drink. I looked at it and handed it back to him and in my snotty kid way said, "why the hell are you giving this to me?" (yes I started swearing when I was eight too) He said, "try it." I said "no, I don't like coffee" He said common. I, again, said no. This went on for a while, (we are very stubborn people) eventually he yelled, "how do you know you don't like it if you have never tried it?" "Fine!" So I tried it, and ever since that day I have lost a signifiant portion of my money to coffee of all forms. Hot, iced, flavoured, black, little milk, red eyes etc.

So all I'm saying, is maybe, sometimes, its ok to knock it before you try it, so you don't end up unable to study cause your shaking from too much coffee intake.

1 comment:

Mr. Skylight said...

I've seen you do that before. Don't act like it's a first.